Hear Rhode Island Celtic harpist Mary King play the traditional Irish tunes she grew up with. Learn about her family in Ireland, and find out about the musicians she’s worked with and known.
Listen the interview along with traditional songs and original tunes by Mary:
- Interview (21 min)
- Aran Boat Song/Sally Gardens/Hard Times
- Carrickfergus/The Women of Ireland
- Ned of the Hill/Inisheer/Southwind
- The Foggy Dew/The Minstrel Boy
- Have You Seen My Brother Tommy?
- Sheskinarone/Brigid-Mary & Mick
Click on the purple bar to move ahead.
Mary King studied with New England harpists Terry Coe, Soranna Rus, and Bob Coletta. She is a Master Celtic harpist with the Southern New England Traditional Arts Apprenticeship Program. She is a founding member of the touring show Celebrating Ireland in Story & Song.
She lives in Smithfield, Rhode Island. Her parents are both Irish.