It’s impossible to point out one or two things that made Buster Keaton so awesome because there were way too many things that made him great. Here’s a short list:
- Buster Keaton did his own stunts, and they're 100% real and jaw-dropping!
- He was a tremendously funny and expressive actor who was even funnier because he did everything with a straight face.
- He made satires, parodies, and black comedies while everyone else was churning out over-the-top slapstick and cloyingly sentimental movies.
- His films were about the modern world, and they still feel modern today.
- He was both a generous collaborator and the creative force behind his films. His talents included writing, directing, producing, and performing.
- From 1920 to 1928, he made 19 short films and 12 feature films, including his masterpiece, The General, which has been called one of the greatest films ever made.
Kanopy has a generous selection of Buster Keaton’s movies, including all of his short films, eight of his feature films, and a documentary:
Laughs and fun are guaranteed.