The Warwick Public Library makes its meeting rooms available for use by groups and organizations for cultural, informational, educational, and civic purposes. All meetings must be free and open to the public. Room availability is contingent on there being no conflict with library programs or meetings, which have first priority at all times.
Each organization requesting use of the meeting rooms must complete an application before scheduling a meeting at the Library. Applications must be completed by an adult (18+) who assumes responsibility for the group’s usage of the room. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Warwick Public Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies and/or beliefs.
- No group or organization using the meeting room will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or handicapped status in the provision of services.
- No admission fee may be charged, contributions solicited, or dues collected. The only exceptions are in the case of paid registration at conferences or institutes, held in cooperation with the Library, or payment of fees for regularly scheduled education courses sponsored by nonprofit organizations.
- Solicitation of library patrons or staff for money, products, services or causes is not permitted. Local businesses may use the space for staff training or in partnership with the library to provide educational opportunities for the public. Political campaigning, including request for signatures for nomination papers or petitions, is not permitted in the building.
- No product or service may be sold, except in the case of payment for materials required for educational or group discussion use with the express permission of the Library Director.
- All publicity for meetings held in the Library must carry the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library will not take reservations from individuals for particular meetings. Those reservations must be made through the sponsoring organization. The Library may not be identified as the sponsor.
- Groups may not use the name or address of the Warwick Public Library as the official address or headquarters of the organization.
- Youth organizations using meeting rooms must provide adult supervision at all times.
- Materials provided for the public during meeting room bookings are different from the Library’s collection of print and non-print materials and are not selected by library staff. The Library does not accept responsibility for the accuracy of statements made in these materials. The fact that a group is permitted to use a meeting room at the Warwick Public Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies and/or beliefs.
- Library or library-sponsored programs have priority over other uses of the meeting rooms.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved using the Library’s online room reservation system which can be accessed from the Library’s website www.warwicklibrary.org . Meeting rooms may also be reserved by telephone at (401) 739-5440 x6 or in person between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Meeting rooms may not be reserved more than three months in advance, and no organization may have more than one meeting per month.
- If a meeting is cancelled, the Library should be notified as far in advance of the date as possible. Any organization that is a “no show” for two scheduled meetings will have its meeting room privileges revoked or suspended.
- The Library does not guarantee an ability to fill a request with less than 48 hours notice.
- The Library provides equipment such as tables, chairs, a lectern, a microphone, portable whiteboard, access to WIFI, and projectors. The Library does not provide office supplies such as flip charts, pens, chalk, etc.} Room set-up and equipment requests must be made when the room is reserved.
- The Library is not responsible for anything left behind in the meeting spaces or adjacent spaces.
Use/Care of the Rooms
- Groups may serve food and beverages at meetings, however the Library does not furnish equipment or supplies, i.e. coffee makers, napkins, cups, etc. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Groups are responsible for paying for any breakage, damage to library property, or any unusual expenses incurred by the Library as a result of the meeting.
- The Library is not responsible for security or storage of property owned by groups using the Library, nor is it responsible for damage or loss of property of others.
Approved by Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees 3/27/2013
Revised by Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees on 1/26/2022
Revised by Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees on 9/21/2022
Revised by Warwick Public Library Board of Trustees on 01/18/2023